Eskimos' Youth Flag Football League - Registration Closes August 7th,2019
Eskimos' Youth Flag Football League/ Registration Ends August 7th, 2019
Greater Edmonton Flag Football Association and Football Alberta would like to thank the Edmonton Eskimos for their ongoing support of the Eskimos Youth Flag Football League for youth players in the Edmonton area.
PROGRAM DETAILS for 2019
- Flag Football League for Novice (born 2011, 2012, & 2013), Atom (born 2009 & 2010), Peewee (born 2007 & 2008), Boys Bantam (born 2005 & 2006) and Girls Bantam (born 2005 & 2006)
- Registration will open by May 1st, 2019. Registration closes August 7th, 2019.
- No experience necessary. This is entry level football for players from all genders.
- The fee is $200. Flags and jerseys are provided. Only equipment to bring is a good pair of runners.
- Program will run on Sundays, starting August 18th and run until October 27th.
- Teams with a maximum of 10 players will play 5 on 5 Flag Football
- Games are scheduled for play outside on the Commonwealth Stadium Main Field.
- Teams get one session per week for 60 minutes.
- Players are evaluated on the first day and placed on teams according to ability (Evaluations August 18 and 25th from 10am - 2pm)
- Novice games will start in-between 11am - 1:30pm, Atom, Peewee and Bantam games will start in-between 1:30pm - 5pm.
- Depending on number of participants, at each age category there will be four divisions of play based on ability levels and gender.
- The Edmonton Eskimo players drop by at least three times a year to lend their support to the program.
- The University of Alberta Golden Bear Football Team will be providing coaches but parents are more than welcome to indicate their willingness to help out as an Assistant Coach or Manager via the registration process.
- All Coaches/Assistants will be given a seminar and “how to” book to assist them in getting into the Flag game.
- Refunds: For the 2019 season we will be offering full refunds minus a $25 administration fee, up to the start of the season (August 18th) after this point, only on special circumstances and written request will we consider refunds minus the administration fee of $25. All requests must be put into written format and sent to the Executive Director of GEFFA.
Registration is now OPEN! You can register today by visiting HERE!
If you have any questions or concerns contact our Flag Football Coordinator, Darryl Draudson: email@example.com