After a lot of uncertainty and a long hiatus from sports, we are excited to announce that the EE Youth Flag League is officially opening registration. The EEYFL brings a non-competitive flag football experience to the youth of Edmonton and Area focusing on keeping our youth active in sport, developing athletic skills, and having fun. Flag football offers a unique opportunity to experience football in a non-contact form and also serves a great way for tackle football players to develop their gameplay and skills. Flag football is an easy to learn fun game and no experience is necessary.
- 5 to 15 years old
- Registration is NOW OPEN and will close Wednesday August 19th or sooner if spaces are filled.
- The fall season registration fee will be $150, rather than the usual $200 due to the shortened season. Flags and jerseys are provided. The only extra equipment needed is a good pair of runners or cleats and a water bottle.
Note: Due to COVID-19 and guidelines set out by the AHS and Football Alberta, athletes are limited to playing in only one non-socially distanced "cohort" at any point in time. We ask all participants to please abide by these recommendations. Participating in EEYFL means your child is becoming part of a sports cohort as players are not able to maintain social distancing guidelines at all times during play.
- Programming will run on Sundays from 11AM - 3:30PM at Millwoods Turf (6904 23 Ave, Edmonton)
- For the 2020 season we will be running a shortened season of six weeks rather than the usual eight.
- Dates of play August 23rd, 30th, September 13th, 20th, 27th and October 4th.
Additional safety precautions that will be taken in order to keep our athletes, coaches, staff, and spectators safe are as follows:
- No experience necessary. This is entry level football for players from all genders.
- Teams will have a maximum of 11 players and will play 5 on 5 Flag Football
- Teams get one session per week 60 minutes in length
- Players will be evaluated on the first day and placed on teams according to ability
Our cancellation policy for the 2020 EEYFL season is as follows:
If the season is cancelled at any time, players will receive a prorated refund at $25 per cancelled game. Any player who registers and chooses to withdrawal prior to the start of the second week will receive a full refund minus a $25 administration fee.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact Tanya Walter at email@example.com
Thank you for your patience while we navigate this unfamiliar landscape. We are looking forward to seeing our youth back on the fields. #PlayGEFFA